Excavator with RTK
Posted by Christian Shaw, Last modified by
Undefined index: editedstaff (C:/inetpub/wwwroot/Support/__swift/cache/8ffb74eb8fb5aeb3f7fb2e375265078e.php:44)
on 14 February 2017 09:11 AM
RTK on Excavator:
- On an Excavator that is using an RTK GPS for tide there are two different methods that can be employed.
- The user can reference the GPS.dll Vertical Offset from the Boom Pin remembering that up is negative in our offsets.
- The other method is to measure the GPS Vertical Offset to the Water Line of the Barge the excavator is sitting on.
- In the second method you will also have to enter the height of the Boom Pin Vertical Offset from the Water Line for the Excavator.dll.
- This method is preferred when the height of the water surface can be independently verified because the bucket can then be set to the water and the tide/water surface can be compared to the bucket final elevation to ensure vertical calibration.
- If the tide/water surface is not independently referenced and is not of concern then the first method is sufficient.