Exporting ViPer Visualization Displays
Posted by Jerry Knisley, Last modified byon 22 December 2016 03:40 PM
EXPORTING VIPER VISUALIZATION DISPLAYS
ViPer can automatically send screen captures of the current visualization display, in HTML and JPG formats, to a user-defined folder.
IMPORTANT: The visualization must be visible on screen. ViPer cannot generate screen captures from minimized windows.
You can use the exported HTML files to provide remote viewing of your current data in a browser or incorporate them into a Web page.
NOTE: Each export overwrites the previous output file, maintaining only the latest display.
1. Select SETTINGS-HTML OUTPUT. The HTML Output dialog appears.
2. Configure the output options:
• Enabled/Disabled: These options control whether ViPer exports the HTML and JPG screen captures.
• Specify Directory: Click [Browse] and select the folder for your output files.
• File Names: Enter the file name for the output HTML and corresponding JPG files. (The default is “Capture”.)
• Output frequency: On File Update exports the HTML and JPG files each time your station updates (set at the station). Otherwise, select Intervals, and enter your output frequency in minutes.
IMPORTANT: If you are remotely monitoring multiple stations using multiple instances of ViPer, use different output directories, file names, or both to avoid one instance of ViPer overwriting the output files from the other.
3. Click [OK]. ViPer exports the current display, then waits for the next update according to your output configuration options.
FIGURE 11. Sample HTML Display