Understanding Stations in ViPer
Posted by Jerry Knisley, Last modified byon 22 December 2016 03:17 PM
A station is a single vertical profiler. The station name is determined in the profiler configuration and prepended to each data file name during data acquisition (eg. StationName_DFinder.DAT) by Loggernet.
IMPORTANT: When you configure your station name in the profiler, it can include no underscore characters. In ViPer, the station information includes the station name and its data file location.
To view the station data, you must add it to a new or existing visualization.
ADDING A STATION TO A VISUALIZATION FILE
The first step to make a new visualization file is to add a station from which you want to view the data. Additionally, when you want to view data from additional stations using existing visualization settings, just add the station to the visualization file and save it. (The number of stations that can be supported in a visualization is unlimited.) You can then select the station for the current display in the Available Stations list.
1. If you want to add a station to an existing visualization, open the visualization file. (Otherwise, skip this step.) Select FILE-LOAD BUO, select the correct file and click [Open].
2. Select FILE-ADD STATION. The Add Station dialog appears:
FIGURE 3. Add Station Dialog
3. Click [Select .dat File] and select any data file from the new
station. The program reads the station name from the selected
file and automatically enters it in the Add Station dialog.
4. Click [Add].
5. Save the visualization file. Select FILE-SAVE BUO and name
your file. You may create
REMOVING A STATION FROM A VISUALIZATION
To remove a station from the Available Stations list, do the following:
1. In the ViPer interface, select the station you want to remove.
2. Select FILE-DELETE CURRENT STATION.
3. Save the visualization file. Select FILE-SAVE BUO and name your file. You may create a new BUO file or overwrite an existing one.